Join Us at 41st Annual Laurens County Spotlight on Agriculture to be held at First Presbyterian Church of Clinton. We will be there from 5-7 on Thursday, March 12. We look forward to meeting you then.
When temperatures fall below freezing we find that many water lines tend to freeze. A few preventative measures can help you limit large repair bills. Spending time before freezing conditions arrive can help ensure that your pipes endure the cold weather. Making sure to follow the following practices can help you save in the long run:
- Make sure your pipes are not exposed to freezing temperatures. Insulate pipes in areas of your home where temperatures may fall below freezing.
- Make sure that outside lines are covered and faucets are insulated. Faucet covers, or freeze proof faucets can help prevent outdoor faucet problems.
- Not only should you make sure that water supply lines are insulated, you should also ensure that drain lines are properly installed. High efficiency furnaces have drain lines that may freeze if they are not supported properly. Make sure the drain has a proper drop so that I will freely drain and does not cause a trap where the pipe may droop as it flows out of the attic or crawl space.
- When the forecast calls for extended low temperatures, homeowners can leave faucets dripping to keep water flowing through the lines. Moving water through the line can help prevent freezing.
- Proper foundation venting is another mode of preventative maintenance for water pipes. Make sure that your house crawl space is not open to drafts that can cause pipes to freeze.
Take a few minutes to watch the following video from “This Old House” and make the necessary changes you need to make in your home to prevent freezing pipes.
Give us a call to help resolve static electricity issues in your home. Dry air can cause discomfort in many ways. Static, dry skin, and dry sinuses(nose bleeds) are many conditions caused by dry indoor air. We can install a whole house humidifier that can help prevent the problems caused by dry air. We carry many products in the Honeywell family of indoor air quality products to help increase your home comfort. Feel free to call us at 864-682-3198. Financing is available for home comfort projects.
Please note that in the event of severe winter weather at any time, Hill’s Service Company will do its best to ensure safe and efficient operation. Should traveling conditions deteriorate during the day or evening, please know that we will do our best to serve our customers as quickly as possible. If we find road conditions at any time are not safe we will limit our travel. However, we will do our best to reach our customers homes as quickly as possible. Our dispatchers will make contact with us and we will assess conditions on an individual basis. If travel conditions are safe we will operate on a regular schedule.
We are proud to announce a partnership with JB & Associates Premium Protection Plan. With this partnership, Hill’s Service Company and JB & Associates will be able to better meet the needs of our customers. We can help provide our customers with a protection plan that will insure coverage for those unexpected breakdowns. Give us a call at our office or email us with any questions you may have.
We have great news regarding new financing options for our customers. We are proud to announce a partnership with Just Push Pay and GreenSky Financing. We are now available to help assist customers with finance options to help meet your home comfort needs. Simply visit the Just Push Pay site by clicking on the Just Push Pay icon on our side bar on the home page of our website. From there you will find an opportunity to apply with a quick, user friendly, online application process.
Are you interested in working with a company with over 50 years experience? We are currently accepting applications for experienced technicians. We are a competitive HVAC Enterprise who provides top-notch service and technology for our customers. Fill out an application and submit to us via email or drop off at our office.
Contact us regarding your indoor air quality. See important and interesting information at Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We can help you with your Home and Business Indoor Air Quality.
Hill’s Service Company would like to wish you a Safe and Happy New Year! Join us as we embark on our 50th year of service to Laurens County during 2015. Continue to watch for upcoming deals and posts related to our Golden Anniversary.
Another installation completed by the great work of Joe Edwards! The RHEEM Gas Package Unit is a great system for your home. This system has a 13 SEER Energy Rating and provides maximum comfort. Give us a call and we can help set you up with a HVAC System that will provide for your home comfort needs.